viernes, 16 de junio de 2017

Healthy sugar free crumble

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a good week, mine has been a little tough since we have a heat wave right now in Barcelona and I hate hot weather >_< Anyway, I have been trying to make fresh and light recipes, but even cooking is an impossible mission, being near the oven or the stove is horrible. The worst part is that my go-to breakfast, which is oatmeal is a no no with this weather, and I don't like cold. One thing that I have been enjoying are crumbles, I don't mind eating them cold and I make them the night before, the downside is that I have to bake them but I try to be as far from the oven while I do that hehe. I have been experimenting with an old crumble recipe that I had, trying to make it healthier, so I used date paste instead of sugar and put way less fat. It turned out very good, it sweet, it has a good texture, a little crunchy and filling, I cant ask for anything else hehe. I hope you like it!


Ingredients (2 servings)

For the crumbles
  • 3/4 Cup oats
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 Tbsp vegan or nut butter
  • 1/4 Cup date paste
For the filling
  • 1 Tbsp flour
  • 1 Tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1/4 Tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1 Tbsp of water or lemon juice if you prefer (keep in mind that you add lemon juice you will need to sweeten this to balance the sourness)
  • 1 1/2 Peaches
Process
  • Cut the peaches into wedges and place them in a bowl.
  • To the peaches add the rest of the filling ingredients and mix everything together, place the mixture in a oven safe dish, you can make this in one dish or in individual ones. Set this aside while we prepare the crumbles.
  • In a bowl add the oats, the whole wheat flour and the butter of your choice, mix with a fork and if necessary with your hands. Then add the date paste and mix very well it is easier if you use your hands.
  • Add the crumbles on top of the peaches.
  • Preheat your oven at 190 ºC for about 15 minutes and then bake the crumbles for about 30 minutes.
  • After that let it cool and add some topping if you like, ice cream would be a good idea with this hot weather :p

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario