miércoles, 29 de marzo de 2017

Veggie burger

Hi sunshine!! So I've been trying to eat less meat and I've always be curious about veggie burgers. Once I tried a quinoa burger, and I didn't like it, extremely dry... augh horrible. I've also tried a polenta burger... it wasn't that dry but it lacked texture... so I thought I could make my own, It couldn't be so hard, right? So I watched a couple of videos, read some recipes also went to serious eats... and tried some ideas... and this is the final results, let's go to the recipe then ^^


Ingredients
  • 150 gr of shiitake mushrooms
  • 1/2 Onion
  • 1 Cup + 1/4 Cup Kidney Beans
  • 2 Tbsp of miso paste + 2 Tbsp of water
  • Salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder to taste
  • 2 Tbsp flaxseeds
  • 1/4 Cup cooked quinoa
  • 1/4 Cup bread crumbs + 1 Tbsp
  • 1/4 Cup water
  • Optional: marmite and maggi sauce to season the mushrooms
Process
  • Cut the shiitake mushrooms into slices and then into cubes.
  • In a saucepan add a little bit of vegetable oil and cook the shiitake until they are soft, then add your favourite spices, I added garlic powder, paprika, black pepper and salt. Then to give it an extra flavour I added miso paste, but first I diluted it a little bit with water. Add the miso to the shiitakes and mix, you can also add Maggi sauce or marmite if you have some.
  • Now add a little bit more of oil to the saucepan and sauté the onion, you can do this in the same saucepan, cook until it is translucent and a little golden brown.
  • Now rinse the kidney beans to remove the starchy liquid that comes with them. I used kidney beans but you can use any other kind of legumes.
  • To bind all the ingredients together, we are going to prepare a paste with water, a fourth of a cup of beans and the flaxseeds, process everything together and set aside.
  • In a bowl put the kidneys beans, and smash them lightly with a fork, then add the onion, the shiitake mushrooms, the paste, and the cooked quinoa, and mix very well, since it is too wet we are going to add some bread crumbs.
  • Depending on the size of your buns, divide the mix into 6 or 4 portions, and then give them a patty shape.
  • Finally fry the veggie burgers, since all the ingredients are cooked you don’t need to wait until it is cooked in the centre, just wait until they are golden brown and then flip them over.
  • And that’s it now make your burgers with your favourites ingredients, tomatoes, lettuce, onion, pickled cucumbers... and so on :p

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario