miércoles, 5 de octubre de 2016

Shrimp and veggies stir fry

Hi everyone! If you know me you would know that I'm a big fan of Asian food, I love everything about it and I enjoy making Asian recipes by myself, doing so I learn a lot about these so different cultures and the different and "weird" ingredients they have. One of the thing I really like about Asian food is that it is healthier than the food we find in occident, it has a lot of veggies and lots of different and complex flavours. When I first started to dive into the amazing world of Asian food I went to this little Thai restaurant here in Barcelona and I'm gonna be honest maybe it is not the most authentic Thai restaurant but I love their food, specially a shrimp and vegetables stir fry. The original recipe has added sugar, but I don't put any because the pineapple is actually sweet enough to sweeten this delicious recipe. Of course you can skip the shrimps if you are vegetarian or vegan, so this recipe is for everyone out there who loves veggies and flavourful meal. Enjoy!


Here you have the video for this recipe:

Here you have a pdf link to download it and print it: Shrimp and veggies stir fry

Ingredients
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 3 Tbsp tomato sauce/paste
  • White pepper to taste
  • 1 Cucumber
  • 14 Cherry tomatoes
  • 200 gr shrimps
  • 150 gr Peppers
  • 170 gr Pineapple
  • 1 Onion
Procedure
  • Cut the pepper and onion in pieces of approximately 2x2 cm.
  • Peal the cucumber and cut it in slices of 0,5 cm thickness.
  • Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
  • Cut the pineapple in small pieces.
  • In a saucepan stir fry the garlic, then add the shrimps and stir fry together with the garlic.
  • Add the onion and the peppers and stir fry for one minute.
  • Then add the cucumber together with the cherry tomatoes and stir fry for half a minute.
  • Finally add the pineapple and mix everything together.
  • Add a little water if you see that the saucepan is dry.
  • Add the oyster sauce, the soy sauce, the sauce or paste of tomatoes and the white pepper to taste.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario