jueves, 24 de noviembre de 2016

Overnight Oats

Hello guys, how is it going? Lately I've been loving foods in season, right now persimmons and pomegranates are in the groceries, so I've been eating them a lot. I use persimmons as jam, because the texture is similar and also because they are 100% natural :). Pomegranates are not my favourite, not because of their flavour but because of the time you spend getting the seed out of the fruit, so I don't use them that much. When I made this recipes, figs were also in season unfortunately these fruits are expensive in comparison to apples and bananas, so I can't eat them as much as I would :( but anyway maybe you are lucky and can get them more often. I hope you enjoy this combinations and try to make them at home :)


Ingredients
  • 1/2 Cup of rolled oats
  • Milk (any kind) to cover the oats
  • 2 Tbsp of yogurt (regular, Greek, soy yogurt, coconut yogurt, etc.)
  • 1 Tbsp Chia or flax seed
To give your overnight oats more flavour add whatever you want, I usually add chopped pineapple, banana, apple or any fruit that I like/have. Also some spices like mint, cinnamon, vanilla extract can  be added. To sweeten it up you can use whatever you prefer, sugar I you don't mind it or some natural alternative like honey or maple syrup of you are like me just use artificial sweeteners.

Procedure
  • You can make this on a jar or a bowl, that's up to you.
  • The night before you eat your overnight oats, put half a cup of rolled oats in a container.
  • Then pour some milk over the oats just to cover them.
  • Add the yogurt and the chia or flax seed.
  • Give it a good mix or a good shake if you are using a jar (of course don't forget the lid).
  • Next morning add your favourite fruits, some classic combos are: pineapple and dry shredded coconut, apple or banana and cinnamon powder. The options are endless :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario