martes, 21 de febrero de 2017

Veggie Cupcakes

Veggies on cupcakes? You might be thinking... this girl went nuts hahaha, I love to use vegetables in baking, because... why not? Beets are actually sweet like carrots and carrots have their own cake, why not beets? I was a little bit disappointed though… in my mind I saw these beautiful red and bright coloured muffins coming out of my oven, and what did I find? Brown coloured muffins… I know I used whole wheat flour... I know that red coloured things normally get brown in the oven… but I’m a dreamer and I dreamed about my red and bright muffins!!! Anyway I must say that even though this muffins are not the sexiest, they definitely are beautiful on the inside, they are very very moist and I think if you add some tablespoons of cocoa powder you will have an amazing chocolate cake batter.


Ingredients
  • 1 Cup whole wheat flour
  • ½ Cup coconut Oil
  • ½ Cup Milk
  • 2 Eggs
  • ½ Cup honey
  • 1 Tsp baking soda
  • 1 Tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1 Tsp vanilla extract
  • ½ Cup of grated vegetables (cucumber, beets or carrots)
  • 100 grams of apple purée
  • 50 grams of chopped walnuts
Process
  • Mix all the dry ingredients together (whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon powder).
  • Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk them with energy. Then add the rest of the wet ingredients (coconut oil, milk, honey, and vanilla extract).
  • Combine the dry ingredients mixture and the liquid mixture together. Then add the apple purée and the chopped walnuts, mix very well and divide the preparation into 3 equal portion.
  • To each portion add the three different veggies.
  • Bake at 190 ºC for 15 to 20 minutes.
  • Let them cool and eat them ;)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario